Today, Synology has pushed DSM 7.1 version that covers both DS and RS/FS/SA and UC units, v7.1-42621 release candidate.
You can get to the new 7.1 DSM version by visiting the following link:
Select your model from the menu, as well as your DSM OS version, and select DSM 7.1 series option.
Here are the notes for this new versions:
- This update will restart your Synology NAS.
- After installing this update, you will not be able to downgrade to a previous DSM version.
- For the following models, DSM 7.1 will be the last upgradable version.
- XS Series: RS3413xs+, RS10613xs+, RS3614xs+, RS3614xs, RS3614RPxs, RC18015xs+, DS3615xs, DS2015xs
- Plus Series: DS2413+, DS1813+, DS1513+, DS713+, RS2414RP+, RS2414+, RS814RP+, RS814+, DS214+, RS815RP+, RS815+, DS2415+, DS1815+, DS1515+, DS415+, DS215+
- Value Series: RS814, RS214, DS414, DS214, DS214play, DS114, RS815, DS1515,DS715, DS415play, DS115
- J Series: DS213j, DS414slim, DS414j, DS214se, DS215j, DS115j, DS416se
- Adjusted the LED indicator for drives' health status. When a drive's health status is critical or failing, the indicator will show static orange.
- Windows 2000 domains are no longer supported.
- Removed the "Synchronize with an NTP server every time a domain user signs in" option for Domain/LDAP advanced settings. Users can configure the "Synchronize with NTP server" option at Regional Options > Time instead.
- Added support for the UPS power-off function at Control Panel > Hardware & Power > UPS.
- Synology Storage Replication Adapter can only be used with DSM 7.0.1 or earlier versions. If you are using or plan to use Synology Storage Replication Adapter, please continue to use the current DSM version.
- To create a new Virtual DSM machine for DSM 7.1, Virtual Machine Manager (VMM) must be updated to version 2.6. Virtual DSM machines running DSM 7.0 or earlier versions can be directly updated to DSM 7.1 without updating VMM.
- SSD Cache Groups can be allocated to multiple volumes, allowing for more flexible management of SSD cache capacity.
- Storage Manager now supports the management of the drives and storage of both active server and passive server in a Synology High Availability cluster.
- Added support for Btrfs (Peta Volume) in Active Backup for Business and Synology High Availability.
- If there is a file system error, DSM will unmount the volume to run file system checks without interrupting the services on other volumes.
- Reduced the minimum threshold for low capacity notification from 5% to 3%.
- Added support for custom OIDC (OpenID Connect) settings to integrate DSM with external SSO servers.
- Added support for the RTF editor to allow users to preview notification message content and style in real-time when editing.
- Added support for bypass traverse checking at Control Panel > File Services > Advanced to allow users to traverse folders and access permitted files or subfolders.
- Supports specifying domains from the list of trusted domains to synchronize domain data.
- Added the Greenwich Mean Time (GMT+00:00) time zone option at Control Panel > Regional Options > Time.
- Added the synchronization status between DSM and NTP servers at Control Panel > Regional Options > Time.
- Added icons on the taskbar to indicate ongoing background tasks that might affect system performance.
- Users can now open tabs directly from search results in Control Panel.
- Supports automatically updating the domain database and syncing domain data regularly. For Synology NAS that are used to create domains, the "Update User Groups/Lists" option in Control Panel > Domains/LDAP will be disabled by default after updating to DSM 7.1.
- The update progress bar on a Synology High Availability cluster might not display the actual progress percentage. This won't affect the update progress.
Compared to the 7.1 beta version, changes are presented in bold, all the rest are already implemented.