This will be a post for all the new and upcoming models that I will update with data sheets and specs. Considering that Synology is pushing a lot of new models, I felt it would be more clean to separate these type of info into a separate article then to keep them inside a dedicated DS1621xs+ article.
UPDATE: 20/11/2020 - DS1821+ information on the TW Synology site - added more details including the Data sheet (TW)
UPDATE: 10/11/2020 - Another 8 bay AMD based NAS is here, DS1821+. More details below
UPDATE: 05/10/2020 - New upcoming RS1221+ and RS2421+ NAS are coming. More details below
Just like the new DS1621+, looks like we are getting another AMD Ryzen V1500B based NAS but this time and 8bay upgrade to the familiar DS1819+. This might very well be the last model we will see before the end of the year
Some hardware specifications about the upcoming model:
- AMD Ryzen V1500B
- 2.2Ghz 64-bit x86 Architecture
- Embedded Ryzen SoC Design
- 4GB DDR4 ECC SODIMM Memory (Max 32GB)
- 8 SATA Media Bays (supporting 3.5” and 2.5″ drives)
- 2x M.2 NVMe Slots for cache (supporting up to 2280 NVMe)
- 4x 1Gbe RJ45
- PCIe Gen 3 x8 Slot for Expansion Cards
- 2x eSATA ports to connect 2x DX517
- 4x USB 3.2 Gen 1 (5Gbps, 1 at the front, 3 at the back)
New 8bay half size rack size model. Probably not with AMD CPU. No detail on the HW specs at the moment. This will be updated at a later date.
Another full size 12bay rack model (with a single expansion support for a total of 24 bays). Probably not with AMD CPU. No detail on the HW specs at the moment. This will be updated at a later date.